Monday, June 11, 2007

ISTE Rules

This whole blogging thing is brand new to me and I'm not real comfortable with it yet! I do already know I have learned alot from this class and it's only the first week! I have read the standards for students as well as teachers. I'm sure I can abide by them. As a teacher some of them I already do are as follows: I enforce classroom procedures on the computer, implement procedures that are consistent with our district and school policies, use e-mail to communicate with parents as well as co-workers, and I use microsoft office to write newsletters and do lesson plans.
I have reviewed the student standards and looked at 1st grade. I do use all of the K-2 performance indicators in my classroom. My students become familiar with the mouse and keyboard. They view videos using United Streaming and their are other websites I allow them to go to in order to enhance their reading, writing and math.

1 comment:

Andy said...

excellent! Hope this got you to thinking!